Later that year, in October, Blended expanded to a full day with multiple speakers & topics ranging from Instagram, Pinterest, video blogging and so much more. You can see more info on that conference here.
This year proves to be even more exciting.
Here are the reasons why I’m going and why you should go, too:
- Location, location, location – This year we are meeting at the Embassy Suites Phoenix – Scottsdale. Not to seem snobbish or anything, but Scottsdale is a pretty swanky area, the fall weather is spectacular and the hotel is amazing. All 270 guest rooms are two room suites offering a separate living area, galley kitchen, microwave, wet bar, high-speed internet access and many rooms have panoramic mountain vista or golf course views. And let’s not forget the made-to-order complimentary breakfast! Be sure to book your room through Blended Conference to take advantage of the special room rates.
- The Extras – Sometimes it’s the little things. This year they’ve included scheduled head shots with professional photographer Kate Eschbach, hands-on workshops with Vanessa from See Vanessa Craft and Kristi & Kelli from Lolly Jane, and Swap-a-Prop. You can also sign up for Blended Extended, which consists of additional special events happening now until the conference. There have already been several fun outings, such as trips to Sea Life Arizona, The Arizona Science Center, an intimate dinner at the fabulous District American Kitchen and Wine Bar, and there are more to come!
- Networking – Let’s face it, if you want to grow your blog, and we all do, you’ve got to get your face out there. While social media groups can be a great tool to meet, get involved with and even form relationships with fellow bloggers, there’s nothing quite like good old-fashioned face-to-face networking. We all need a strong force in our corner, someone to bounce ideas off of from time to time, and many times these face-to-face meetings form lasting, supportive friendships. And you’ll want to make your presence known to the sponsors as well.
- The Speakers – OK, if none of the other aspects of Blended spark your interest, the line-up of speakers should be reason enough to come. The keynote speaker is award winning author and talk show host Maria Bailey of Mom Talk Radio. She is a nationally know speaker and foremost authority on marketing to moms. Other topics include Creating a Media Kit with Maureen Fitzgerald from Wisconsin Mommy, Food Styling…Live with Christine Pittman from Cook the Story, and SEO Simplified with Dan Morris from Letters from Dan. For a full schedule of speakers and events, be sure to visit the Blended Agenda.
- Breakout Session – This is where we get to split up into groups and ask questions ’round table’ style. Talk about interaction! There are no silly questions and everyone is treated with respect. Have some insight that you feel would be helpful? These sessions are about sharing knowledge just as much as they are about gaining it. If you know the answer to someone’s question, don’t keep it to yourself-share it!
- Sunday Special Session – OK, while I’m excited about every aspect of Blended, this is by far what I am supercalifragilisticexpialidocious excited about the most! Dan Morris, President of Blogging Concentrated, will be spending the whole day with us. Specifically for advanced bloggers, Blogging Concentrated’s mission is to equip professional bloggers and business owners with the necessary tools to be relevant and successful in the digital market. Sunday’s tickets are limited, so get yours before they’e gone.
This is truly one conference you don’t want to miss. Be sure to register before it’s too late.