These tangy mini bourbon dogs are perfectly flavored with bourbon and slightly sweet. Perfect for game day, date night or a simple gathering with friends.
It’s no secret that I love food. My favorite is appetizers. I have no problem forgoing an actual meal and have an appetizer or two instead.
One of my new favorites is these bourbon dogs. Hot dogs cooked with bourbon and sugar, plus a few other things.
They take very little prep time, and no special ingredients are needed. I’m not a fan of recipes that call for fancy-hard-to-find ingredients.
The best part? Your whole family will love them, even the kids.
Worried about being a ‘bad mom’ by serving these dogs to your kids?
Well, don’t. The alcohol completely cooks out of the bourbon, so all you get is the great flavor, without the hangover.
I’ve even included an alternate amount of bourbon in the recipe so the flavor isn’t as strong.
Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered.
Tips for Making Bourbon Dogs
- If desired, simmering the sauce on top of the stove until the sugar is dissolved will allow the flavors to blend better
- If the bourbon flavor is too strong, you can always use less
- Spraying your dish with non-stick cooking spray will help prevent the bourbon dogs sauce from sticking. It will also make clean up easier
You can easily double the recipe for a large crowd
- In a rush? Make the recipe the day before and reheat in the microwave when you’re ready to serve
- Use decorative appetizer picks for a more festive look
More Recipes Like Bourbon Dogs
This bourbon dogs recipe is one of my favorites. What are your favorite appetizer recipes?
Bourbon Dogs Recipe