Reindeer chow is the perfect salty sweet treat. Loaded with nuts, crunchy cereal, pretzels and M & M’s, they won’t be able to resist, and neither will you.
This post contains affiliate links, which help compensate me to continue bringing you great recipes, projects and tips at no extra cost to you.
Making treats is one of my favorite things to do, next to eating them. And my favorite time of year to make them?
Christmas, of course! Reindeer chow is definitely one of those treats that are great for gifting, too.
And what a prettier way to give it than in a holiday snowflake box? Any teacher, friend, neighbor or hostess will certainly appreciate the gesture.
But, do you know who appreciates it even more? My kids and grandkids. The moment my son saw the bag of reindeer chow sitting on the kitchen island, he was asking, “Is this for us?”.
Because, in this house, if mom makes something, you had better make sure she’s taken all of the photos that she needs of it.
This recipe is so easy, I’m pretty sure it can even be called a recipe. More like a tutorial, really.
You simply combine a couple of different kinds of cereal, pretzels, nuts and candy.
Next, toss them in melted candy coating and spread the mixture in a shallow pan.
I have a hard time with this next step. You need to wait for the candy coating to set up before you can break it apart and eat it.
I love how pretty it looks in a bowl, perfect for a holiday dessert table, don’t you think? In fact, it would look great next to some of this rocky road fudge recipe.
Then again, I also love fun packaging, so I’m pretty keen on festive gift boxes, too.
Whichever way you decide to serve or gift reindeer chow, no one will be able to resist it, including you.
More recipes perfect for gifting
Easy Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
Reindeer chow is the perfect salty sweet treat. Loaded with nuts, crunchy cereal, pretzels and M & M's, they won't be able to resist, and neither will you.
35 minPrep Time
2 minCook Time
37 minTotal Time
Yields 12 Cups
- 6 Cups Rice Chex
- 3 Cups Cheerios
- 2 Cups mini pretzels
- 2 Cups peanuts
- 12 ounce package plain M&M's
- 1 1/2 pound package white melting candy
- Line baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper; set asde
- Combine everything except for candy coating in a large bowl; set aside
- In a medium bowl, melt white candy coating in microwave for 90 seconds; stir
- Melt for an additional 30 seconds; stir
- Repeat until candy coating is completely melted
- Pour over cereal mixture, folding over well to coat
- Spread evenly on wax paper lined baking sheet
- Cool completely so candy coating will set, about 30 minutes
- Break apart into bite-sized pieces and store in air-tight container in a cool, dry place
- Calories 4725
- Total Fat: 149 g 229.23%
- Saturated Fat: 22 g 110%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 876 mg 36.5%
- Potassium: 2095 mg 59.86%
- Total Carbohydrate: 804 g %
- Sugar: 475 g
- Protein: 77 g
- Vitamin A: 30%
- Calcium: 490 mg 49%
- Iron: 25 mg 138.89%