Ever wonder how to make cold brew coffee at home? With just two ingredients, a glass jar and a strainer, it couldn’t be easier!
I love iced coffee, but iced coffee made with cold brew is pretty awesome. When you make it with homemade cold brew coffee, it’s downright amazing.
And, when you discover how to make cold brew coffee at home, you won’t need a fancy store-bought bottle or expensive coffee house version.
Making Cold Brew Coffee
- Place the grounds of your favorite coffee into a large glass jar
2. Fill the glass jar with cold water.
3. Once the jar is full, cover with a tight-fitting lid. This is just one of the things I love about mason jars!
4, Let the concoction sit for 12-24 hours. No need to refrigerate. If you want, you can occasionally shake the jar gently, like I did. This will help the cold brew process along.
5. Using a mesh strainer and another glass jar, strain your cold brew from one jar to the next.
Tip- the better the quality of the grounds, the tastier your cold brew will be.
6. Once you have strained your brew, get ready to indulge and relax. Fill a glass with ice and as much brew as your heart desires. Not a fan of strong brew? No problem. Simply dilute with cold water.
7. Fill the remainder of your glass with your favorite creamer. I like pretty much anything sugar free, that way it cuts down on carbs, which I am desperately trying to stay away from.
8. Add a cute straw for a fun effect and sip your way to contentment. It’s the only way! I like to enjoy my homemade cold brew with whatever book I happen to be reading.
Ever since I learned how to make cold brew coffee at home, I haven’t turned back. As long as I start my next batch before my current batch is gone, I know I’ll ever run out.
Cold Brew Coffee Recipe
More ‘cold’ recipes you may enjoy
Lightened Up Cookies and Cream Mocha Milkshake – Averie Cooks