These cajun spiced fries are amazingly flavorful, and you can make them as hot as you like with this homemade cajun seasoning recipe!
Reasons To Love This Homemade Cajun Seasoning Recipe:
- The flavor is deliciously vibrant. Yes, that’s a thing.
- I can use a ton for super spicy flavor for the grown-ups and use less to tone it done for the littles.
- It is unbelievably easy to make, which is a must in this house.
- It will keep for weeks in an air-tight container.
Bonus! I’m going to show you a super quick way to use this seasoning to make delicious french fries. My kids love them.
First, you’ll need to bake some french fries. No need to trouble yourself with homemade fries. I love the thin shoestring type in my local grocery store freezer.
They come out super crispy, just the way I like them. Why mess with a good thing?
Once your oven is nice and hot, go ahead and cook those fries according to package directions.
While they’re getting a nice crispy, golden brown, make your cajun seasoning.
Make My Homemade Cajun Seasoning Recipe:
1. This is literally just measuring and combining in a bowl. Easy peasy. Paprika and salt are the base ingredients, but cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes are what give it that awesome kick.
Onion and garlic powders, thyme and oregano make an appearance here as well. Toss all the seasonings in a bowl and mix to combine.
2. Once the fries are done, transfer them to a bowl and immediately toss with 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil and 1-2 teaspoons of parsley, dried or fresh.
3. Next, add your seasoning. I added about 2-3 Tablespoons, and they had just the right amount of heat. You can always add less for the kids. They’ll love the flavor!
4. Toss that up and you’re ready to munch!
If you’re lucky, your kids will share with you.
What can you think of to put my homemade cajun seasoning recipe on? I used it for these cajun hot wings and they were amazing!