Make these gooey cinnamon rolls and fill your home with the warm, sweet smells of brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter!
The recipe I adapted these rolls from is titled as a Cinnabon clone cinnamon roll recipe – I didn’t find the dough texture to be quite as soft as a Cinnabon, so I am just calling them heavenly. Because they are!
These rolls are a special way to start any day – they will fill your home with the warm, sweet smells of brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. I made most of the rolls the size the recipe called for, and about 3 of them monster sized… mmm… talk about a treat!
These rolls are topped with a luscious and perfectly balanced cream cheese icing which is best smeared on when the rolls are still a little bit warm – but not too warm or you’ll melt the icing.
Happy New Year to you and your family – I hope you get a chance to try these fantastic rolls out at your house soon; they were certainly a hit at mine!
Tender flaky cinnamon rolls with just the right amount of sweet cinnamon filling in the middle, topped with the perfect cream cheese icing.
- 1 cup warm milk (110 degrees F)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 5 1/2 TBS (1/3 cup) margarine, melted
- 4 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 1/2 TBS ground cinnamon
- 5 1/2 TBS (1/3 cup) butter, softened
- 3-ounce cream cheese, softened
- 4 TBS butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl. Mix in the sugar, margarine, salt, and eggs. Add flour and mix well. Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hands dusted lightly with flour. Put in a bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll the dough into a 16x21-inch rectangle. Spread the dough with 5 1/2 TBS (1/3 cup) butter and sprinkle evenly with the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, 4 TBS butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving
You can get 12 normal sized rolls per the original instructions, or make Cinnabon sized rolls and get about 6 if you want over-sized rolls.
- Calories 5695
- Total Fat: 166 g 255.38%
- Saturated Fat: 74 g 370%
- Cholesterol: 282 mg 94%
- Sodium: 4180 mg 174.17%
- Potassium: 1293 mg 36.94%
- Total Carbohydrate: 971 g %
- Sugar: 496 g
- Protein: 85 g
- Vitamin A: 116.16%
- Calcium: 592 mg 59.2%
- Iron: 31 mg 172.22%
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes
Leave a Reply