This Dole Whip shirt is a shirt any Disney Dole Whip lover would be proud to wear! With my FREE SVG file, you’ll be whipping shirts out in no time! (See what I did there?)
I’m kind of funny about fruit. Give me strawberry pie and I’ll push it aside. Strictly fresh or dipped in chocolate for me, please.
But, I can eat blueberries and pineapple any which way, as can clearly be seen in my recipes for blueberry lemon sweet rolls, blueberry galette, and pineapple cream pie.
Speaking of pineapple, if you’ve ever been to one of the Disneyland Parks, then chances are you’ve had a Dole Whip or two. Or even ten.
This post contains affiliate links, which help compensate me to continue bringing you great recipes, projects, and tips at no extra cost to you.
Growing up in So Cal, my family went to Disneyland every year. The dole whip wasn’t around back then, but when I discovered it I was immediately addicted.
Earlier this year, I made my first DIY Disney Dole Whip shirt for the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration Conference.
I had so much fun making that shirt I knew I needed another one for my trip as well.
Being the whip fanatic that I am, this design only seemed natural.
Are you ready to make your own Dole Whip shirt? Let’s get started.
Dole Whip Shirt Supplies
First, you’re going to need a few supplies.
- Cricut cutting machine
- Iron-on Lite in white
- Basic Tool Set
- Cricut Standard Cutting Mat
- Black cotton blend t-shirt
- Iron and ironing board OR
- Cricut Easy Press and Easy Press Mat
- My FREE SVG file (click link at the bottom of the post to download)
If you haven’t had a chance to use the Cricut Easy Press and Easy Press mat, you are really missing out. The Easy Press covers a bigger area than an iron, allowing you to adhere most designs in one step.
The Easy Press Mat turns virtually any surface into an ironing board. Use them together and you’re unstoppable!
Making Your Dole Whip Shirt
- Download the free SVG file and then upload it to Cricut Design Space
- Once the file has been uploaded, select it
- Click the “Add Image” button in the lower right-hand corner
- You will now be able to adjust the size of the image
- Follow the prompts to cut the vinyl for your shirt
Tips For Making Your Dole Whip Shirt
- Don’t use fabric softener when you wash your shirt. It can cause the heat transfer vinyl to peel off more easily or not adhere at all
- Iron out any wrinkles in your shirt before adhering the design
- Use a ruler to measure the area where you will be putting your design. Otherwise, you could end up with a design that’s either way too big or way too small
- Be sure to iron the back of the shirt where the design is. I know it’s tempting to skip this step, however, it helps the design stay put.
- Not a fan of black and white? Give it your own personal style with different shirt/Iron-on Lite color combinations.
Tag me on Instagram, My Disney Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter with a pic of your shirt and use the hashtag #iwhipsohard. I’d love to see it!
Download Dole Whip Shirt SVG File Here
Book a Southern California Disney vacation and use code disorganized10 for an additional $10 off!
Leave a Reply