A recent trip to spend time with my friends Julie and Maegan inspired me to make these dog bandanas. They are the perfect personalized dog gift.
I traveled to Pennsylvania to visit them this past summer. We had worked at a sporting goods store together and hadn’t seen each other in nine years.
While there, I stayed a couple of nights with Julie and her three dogs. I fell in love with them! Marvin, Koda, and Murphy are the sweetest dogs ever.
Murphy is the baby of the group and very spoiled He insists on being on the bed with Julie and won’t take no for an answer.
Koda is a bit self-conscious and is afraid of walking on the wood floor. Julie has had to strategically put rugs down for him so he can maneuver down the hallway.
Marvin is truly special. He’s the oldest of the three. Julie rescued him after a friend of hers passed away. He was being neglected by the woman’s son and rarely left his crate.
I loved creating these personalized dog bandanas for them.
This post contains affiliate links, which help compensate me to continue bringing you great recipes, projects, and tips at no extra cost to you.
Making Personalized Dog Bandanas
- Cricut Explore Air 2 or Cricut Maker
- Cricut Access
- Standard Grip Machine Mat
- Everyday Iron-On Vinyl in White
- Dog Bandanas washed and dried (no fabric softener) – I used Astin, Hamilton, and Valdus in size large (other sizes/colors/patterns available)
- My Projects in Design Space – The Favorite, The Needy One, The Old Man
- Basic Tool Set – 5-piece set includes essential tools you need to lift, snip, burnish, and weed
- EasyPress 2 – 9×9
- EasyPress Mat – 12×12
- Open one of my personalized dog bandanas in Cricut design space
- If using a large bandana, simply click the “Make It” button. For a different size, click the “Customize” button and resize it to fit your bandana, and then proceed with clicking the “Make It” button
- Place your vinyl on the standard grip machine mat shiny side down
- Follow your machine directions for cutting the vinyl for your personalized dog gift, making sure to click the “Mirror” toggle button so that your finished design is not backward.
- Carefully remove the vinyl from the mat
- Use the weeding tool to remove all of the negative space from the design, leaving the wording to be transferred to the bandana
- Heat your EasyPress to 315º
- Place the corner of the bandana on the EasyPress Mat
- Preheat the bandana for 5 seconds
- Place iron-on face down, liner side up
- Press with light pressure at 315°F for 30 seconds
- Flip the bandana over and press back with light pressure for 15 seconds
- Slowly remove the liner while warm but not hot
- Repeat the process if making more than one design
Tip: Allow 24 hours before washing
You now have an adorable personalized dog gift for your favorite canine!
I can’t wait to send these to Julie for her pups, I know she is going to love them!