This post has been sponsored by Betty Crocker™. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Date night has always been a special time for me and my husband. It gave us a chance to spend time alone without all of the interruptions from our kids.
Now that the kids are grown and moved out, except for one, we love to spend our date night at home.
Don’t get me wrong, we still enjoy going out, but we love where we live and find ourselves wanting to enjoy our space.
Plus, we found some delicious (and easy) mousse treats to make at home.
Betty Crocker™ Chilled Treats! Lemon Mousse with Lemon Drizzle takes mere minutes to prepare (from start to finish) and is the perfect size. (Click here to save now on NEW Betty Crocker Chilled Treats)
Not to mention, a night out can be pricey—especially if you like to do it as regularly as we do.
And, because a night at home can get monotonous, here are tips for creating the perfect date night picnic.
Date Night In Picnic Basics
- Keep the food simple. The idea is to spend time together, not be spending time in the kitchen. Charcuterie boards are my favorite because they require minimal work and there is no wrong way to create them
- Treat yourself to something sweet. A sweet treat makes any occasion special and Chilled Treats come in a variety of flavors. So far, we have tried Lemon Mousse with Lemon Drizzle and French Vanilla Mousse with Salted Caramel Drizzle, but we can’t wait to check out the Chocolate Mousse with Chocolate Ganache and Key Lime Mousse with Lime Drizzle, too!
- Ditch the phones. Don’t get distracted by calls and text messages
- Create a comfortable outdoor space using pillows, blankets, and even a pouf or two
- Do prep work ahead of time. Even though the menu is simple, you don’t want to be in a rush. It’s important not to be frazzled when you finally start your date. Charcuterie boards are simple to assemble and you can even use items you already have on hand, as I did.
Date Night Dessert
Prepping your dessert can be even more important since they tend to take the longest (like my slow cooker chocolate cake). However, with Chilled Treats, you need less than 10 minutes from start to finish. Simply mix, chill, and top—it’s that easy.
Combine Chilled Treats mousse mix package and 1/2 cup of milk in an 8-12 ounce glass or dessert dish (I used plastic for quick and easy cleanup) It will be a little lumpy but don’t worry, it’s only temporary.
Let rest for 30 seconds and then stir vigorously for one minute.
Chill the mousse for at least 5 minutes (2 in the freezer if you’re in a time crunch or just can’t wait!)
Top with lemon drizzle topping using one topping pouch per dessert. Chilled Treats are the perfect light, sweet indulgence for any date night in—even if it’s outside.
There are several other fun ways to have a date night in but no matter what you choose to do, don’t forget Chilled Treats!