Classic Russian tea cakes are cookies that everyone loves. Bake a batch or two of them any time of year for a delicious treat!
Baking cookies is one of my favorite things to do. Well, baking in general, if I’m being honest.
Cookies, however, are my favorite. There are so many different kinds, so many varieties.
Normally, I would lean towards anything chocolate, but Russian tea cakes have my attention this year.
I don’t know if it’s the butter, the vanilla, the nuts, or the combination of al three, but they are perfect for giving/getting.
If you like baking cookies with your kids, these are great for teaching them motor skills.
They will love measuring and rolling the dough into small balls for baking. And, you will love the help.
My kids are all older now, but I love making cookies with my two granddaughters.
Last year, we made some fun stained glass sugar cookies. They loved cutting them out and adding the hard candies.
I haven’t decided which cookies to bake with them this year, but whatever we decide, I know it will be all giggles.
Reasons I love Classic Russian Tea Cakes
- With just six ingredients, all of which you most likely already have in your pantry, classic Russian tea cakes are perfect for last minute baking
- Plus, with no chill time, you don’t have any down time before you bake them
- No platter? No problem. These cookies are round, so they fit nicely in pretty bowls or treat cups
- Russian tea cakes are small, saving you calories vs. a larger cookie. And that makes them virtually guilt-free, right?
- They are perfect mini gifts for co-workers, friends, teachers… you get the idea
- They’re delicious!
So, basically, you really have no reason not to bake Russian teas cakes any time of the year.