Hi Everyone. I am Meg from Sweet Twist of Blogging. I am so excited to be apart of Rachel’s 25 days of Christmas. There are so many wonderful recipes and crafts in these 25 days so I hope you are checking in daily.
I am actually spinning this recipe from something I made earlier in the year. This time I am giving it a little holiday twist. It was such a cute idea, it is quick, easy and individual. Who doesn’t love their own dessert? You could also make this with your kids and allow them to decorate their own individual cone however they like and with whatever holiday candies they might like.
If you are not a fan of mint you could definitely leave it out and have pure chocolate cone-olis
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Chocolate Mint Cone-olis
(adapted from Food Network)
2 hr, 45 Prep Time
2 hr, 45 Total Time
- 1 cup light ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, at room temp
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar, with some for dusting.
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 1/2 -2/3 cup crushed mini eggs or mint M&M's
- 5 sugar cones
- Place the ricotta in a sieve over a bowl and let drain in the fridge for at least a half an hour.
- In a large bowl or mixer bowl, beat together cream cheese, ricotta, sugar, cocoa powder, mint and vanilla.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of crushed mini eggs/mint m&m's
- Cover the mixture and place it in the fridge to thicken, min of an hour.
- Place the mixture in a piping bag with a large circle tip and pipe into the sugar cones.
- Decorate with more mini eggs and dust with confectioners sugar
- Calories 3433
- Total Fat: 75 g 115.38%
- Saturated Fat: 45 g 225%
- Cholesterol: 244 mg 81.33%
- Sodium: 574 mg 23.92%
- Potassium: 420 mg 12%
- Total Carbohydrate: 779 g %
- Sugar: 764 g
- Protein: 38 g
- Vitamin A: 47.84%
- Calcium: 627 mg 62.7%
- Iron: 3 mg 16.67%
Leave a Reply