Holiday shopping takes skills, even online. These 5 tips are essential for surviving Cyber Monday.
5 Tips for Surviving Cyber Monday:
- Have a budget- Know how much you can afford to spend and stick to that number.
- Know what you want to buy- Make sure you have a list of everyone’s Christmas wishes. Stick to the list. Buying something just because it’s a ‘great deal’ leads to needless purchases and over-spending.
- Do your research- Make sure you’re actually getting a deal. Do price comparisons to get a feel for the retail prices of the items you’re looking for. You never know, you might end up getting a better deal in-store rather than on-line.
- Calculate shipping costs- Sure, the price you’re getting on that super popular video game console may be rock-bottom, but beware of shipping costs. If it’s not free shipping, you could end up spending more than you bargained for.
- Know when to stop- While getting a great deal is a total adrenaline rush, sometimes enough is enough. As Kenny Rodgers would say, know when to walk away. There are just some gifts you’re not going to be able to get on Cyber Monday, and, that’s ok. Spending too much time trying to find the perfect deal can lead to stress and irritability.
One last thing to consider- there will no doubt be one or two hot items that will fly off the shelves. Don’t wait to get them. Sometimes it’s worth the retail price.
You may also like: