This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cricut. All opinions are 100% mine.
Bored? Make these 3 easy camping projects with your Cricut Joy. These are perfect for making by yourself, or with the kids, and each of these projects takes just 15 min!
This post contains affiliate links, which help compensate me to continue bringing you great recipes, projects, and tips at no extra cost to you.
We have been living in our RV for over a year now while renovating an older home. We literally feel like our life is a big ole’ camping trip.
It’s been rough at times, but it’s also been a lot of fun. We’ve bird-watched, sat by the fire pit, made s’mores, and we even got a scouting camera to see what wildlife happens to come through our property late at night.
Storage space is limited in the RV, and my dinette is way too small for storing my Cricut Maker there, so I’ve been reduced to keeping it under the bed. So, when it comes to making projects it isn’t very practical.
That’s why I’m so excited about the new Cricut Joy! It’s so compact and portable that it literally fits in even the smallest space in my RV. It even looks great (and fits!) on my dinette.
Not having to transport a mat, combined with the smaller material size, makes the whole Joy system compact and portable. I also love that it’s fun, functional, and simple to use. Perfect for practical, everyday projects, like the three easy camping projects I’m sharing today.
Since the house is still far from being finished, I decided to share some fun and easy camping projects.
Easy Camping Projects
You’ve got to have reusable travel mugs, right? That’s what this first project is.
All projects use the New Cricut Joy
Easy Travel Mug
- Cricut Joy Permanent Smart Vinyl (I used Mint and Teal from the Beachside sampler)
- Transfer tape
- Joy Starter Tool Set
- Travel tumbler
- RV Life Travel Mug project in Cricut Design Space
- Access my project in Cricut Design Space
- Follow the instructions for cutting this quick and easy design
- Use the weeding tool to remove any excess Smart Vinyl from your design
- Use the transfer tape to transfer the design from the vinyl backing to the transfer tape, and then the transfer tape to the travel mugs. Not sure how to do this? Check out my full tutorial for the S’mores tags at the end of this post!
Easy Camping Coasters
Coasters are great for protecting all kids of surfaces, so a camping-themed coasters seemed like a great project.
- Square Coaster Blank
- Infusible Ink Transfer Patterns – the solid blue from the Wildflower collection
- Standard grip mat, included with your Joy
- Butcher paper, included with the Infusible Ink
- Cardstock (80 lb.), White
- Lint-free cloth, microfiber cloths work great for this!
- My camping coasters project in Design Space
- EasyPress 2, 6×7 or larger
- EasyPress2 mat, 8×10 or larger
- Access my project in design space
- Cut Infusible Ink into a 4 1/2″ x 6 1/2′ rectangle
- Apply to standard grip mat
- Follow Joy prompts for cutting the infusible ink, don’t forget to mirror all of your images!
- Use the tweezers to remove the excess Infusible Ink
- Preheat your EasyPress 2 to 400º
- Layer as follows: EasyPress 2 mat, cardstock, coaster blank, Infusible Ink design (design side down), butcher paper, EasyPress 2
- Once EasyPress is up to 400º, set it on top of your stack
- DO NOT APPLY PRESSURE
- Leave for 60 seconds and the lift EasyPress off of design in an upward motion
- COASTER WILL BE EXTREMELY HOT
- Let cool completely before removing transfer sheet
- Repeat with additional 3 coasters
This third and final project is my favorite. Not only is it fun and easy to make, it’s also delicious!
S’mores Treat Bags
Let’s face it, you aren’t really camping if you don’t make s’mores. Sure, you could just put the graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate on platters and let everyone fend for themselves, but these s’mores treat bags are way more fun.
*This design makes three tags, but you can just repeat the process to make as many as you need
- Cricut Joy Permanent Smart Vinyl (I used Teal from the Beachside sampler)
- Cricut Joy Light Grip mat
- Cardstock in your choice of color, I used brown
- Joy Starter Tool Set
- Transfer tape
- My S’more Tags project in Cricut Design Space
- For each treat bag you will need 2 marshmallows, 2 squares of semi-sweet chocolate, 4 graham cracker squares, jute twine, and 1 clear cellophane treat bag
- Access my s’mores tags in design space
- Cut cardstock into a 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 rectangle
- Place on Light Grip mat
- Set tags to “On Mat”
- Set Smart Vinyl to “Without Mat”
- Follow instructions on your Cricut Joy
- Once cutting is finished, use the spatula to help remove the mat from the cardstock
- Use the weeding tool to remove excess Smart Vinyl
- Use scissors to trim
- Cut a piece of transfer tape
- Remove backing and place on top of vinyl, sticky side down
- Rub with the scraper
- Carefully lift up transfer tape, making sure all lettering sticks to it
- If not, lay transfer tape back over and rub with scraper again
- Position design on tag
- Use scraper to adhere Smart Vinyl to tag
- Carefully lift transfer tape off of vinyl, being sure each letter adheres properly
- Place 4 graham cracker squares, 2 chocolate squares and 2 marshmallows in a cellophane bag
- Tie a piece of jute twine around the bag, attach the tag and tie in a knot
- Repeat until you have made all of your bags
Cricut Joy can do so much more!
Cricut Joy exclusive blank insert card sets allow you to create unique and stunning results in a moment’s notice. No more late birthday cards!
Cricut Joy writes, too! A full suite of Cricut Joy-compatible pens with a variety of pen types and line weights draw and write in a variety of styles.
What will you make with your Cricut Joy?