24-hour layered veggie salad is a quick and easy layered salad recipe, plus, it’s a make-ahead meal! You can make it up to a day before your picnic or BBQ.
Get-togethers with family and friends are the best. Some of my fondest childhood memories are of times when our family would picnic with other families from our church.
Picnics are where new friendships are made and old friendships are strengthened. The guys played softball or volleyball, the kids ran around, the ladies chatted, and there was food. Oh my, was there food! Some of the best picnic food ever.
While we have long since moved away from where I grew up, my family and I still enjoy getting together for the holidays.
My sister and her family came to stay with us over the last holiday weekend. We had plenty of family fun in the pool and lots of great food to eat.
Like this 24-hour Layered Veggie Salad. Layers of fresh veggie goodness topped with a lemony dill dressing. It can be made a day ahead of time, so it’s ready to pack-and-go the morning of your event.
This 24-hour layered veggie salad recipe isn’t just for picnics, though. It’s also perfect for backyard BBQ’s, pool parties, or for an easy weeknight dinner.
My 24-hour layered veggie salad may just become your new favorite.
Layers of fresh veggie goodness topped with a lemony dill dressing. It can be made a day ahead of time, so it's ready to pack-and-go the morning of your picnic or backyard BBQ
2 hr, 20 Prep Time
2 hr, 20 Total Time
- 4 Cups torn iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 1 C frozen peas, thawed
- 1 C shredded carrots
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 6 strips crisp-cooked bacon, drained and crumbled
- 3/4 C shredded Cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 C mayo
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh or 1/2 tsp dried dill
- In a 2 or 2 1/2 quart bowl, layer lettuce, peas, carrots, sliced eggs, bacon, 1/2 C of the shredded cheese and 3/4 of the green onions
- In a small bowl, combine mayo, lemon juice and dill. Spread over top of salad, sprinkle with remaining cheese and green onion.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for minimum of 2 hours or up to 24 hours
- Toss to coat veggies just before serving
- Calories 489
- Total Fat: 25 g 38.46%
- Saturated Fat: 15 g 75%
- Cholesterol: 75 mg 25%
- Sodium: 366 mg 15.25%
- Potassium: 483 mg 13.8%
- Total Carbohydrate: 34 g %
- Sugar: 14 g
- Protein: 31 g
- Vitamin A: 251.68%
- Calcium: 788 mg 78.8%
- Iron: 3 mg 16.67%
Four Marrs and One Venus says
Cassie Tucker says
Rachel Willis says
Heather King says
Heather Kinnaird says
Meg Robins de Haan says
Kim Bee says